Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OrthoArizona Surgery Schedulers/Auth & Benefits Positions - Central Phoenix
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ SKILLS SURGERY SCHEDULING:
* Coordinates schedules of multiple resources, including outside facilities, providers, anesthesia, equipment, and clinical staff schedules.
* Call patients to schedule surgery
* Provides ongoing communication with patients regarding-certification, authorization, financials, and scheduling process.
* Communicates clinical instructions needed for appointments/procedures.
* Updates system for any changes or additions to the schedule, including patient information and surgery case management.
* Accurately schedule and manage surgeries daily per provider
* High level of Time management skills with detailed management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/SKILLS AUTHS & BENEFITS:
*Obtain prior authorization and verify benefits for Surgery
*Maintain and schedule all appointments for the physicians in outlook as well as GE EMR System
*Collect Deductibles and coinsurance on all surgeries scheduled
*Check incoming emails, faxes, E-Fax for referrals
*Answer all incoming calls from patients, hospitals and vendors
*Work closely with physicians and providers
*Perform other duties as required
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge preferred.
1-2 years of surgery scheduling experience or related experience preferred... Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, physicians, and the public and be capable of establishing and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external customers.
Knowledge of medical terminology and CPT Codes preferred.
Knowledge of insurance plans and guidelines preferred.
Knowledge of obtaining prior authorizations.
Knowledge of computer systems, MS Office, GE Centricity preferred
It requires sitting and standing associated with a medical office environment. Manual dexterity required using a calculator and computer keyboard.
Job Type: Full-time
Application questions you have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Medical Office experience do you have?
- How many years of Surgery Scheduling experience do you have?
Job Type: Full-time