Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Care Team Nurse (Part-time)
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Care Team Nurse (Part-time)|
|Department Location:||Convenient Care Center, 3205 N. Academy, Suite 105, Colorado Springs, CO 80917|
|Category:||Nursing / Allied Health / Clinical Support|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a non-profit healthcare organization whose mission is to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers. We provide primary care services (medical, dental and behavioral healthcare) through 26 outpatient health centers in El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Arapahoe, Elbert, and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 950 employees and serves 93,000 patients in the Pikes Peak & East Central Plains region. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
The Care Team Nurse functions as a liaison between the patient and members of the Care Team in a joint effort to optimize the patients’ health status and quality of life. The Care Team Nurse will perform routine and emergent nursing functions pertinent to efficient, ambulatory patient care, while following the guidelines set forth by the Colorado Nurse Practice Act.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess and triage for the appropriate level of care based on comprehensive risk assessment including diagnosis, clinical judgment, and outcome goals
- Assess patients readiness for change, physical and psychosocial needs
- Identify and link patients to available resources, social support systems, family support, etc.
- Assess high risk and rising risk patients consistent with the current Policies & Procedures for Care Management
- Facilitates access to quality and cost effective care
- Collaborates with and maintains healthy working relationships with community partners
- Provides education to the patients, families, care-givers
- Encourages engagement and self-management of patients with regards to their own health
- Provides outreach to individuals as well as the community
- Provides in-reach to patients who are presently inactive in their healthcare
- Demonstrates an ability to utilize technology to include, but not be limited to, the Electronic Health Records, state registries, Health Information Exchange
- Maintains documentation of all interactions accurately and completely, implementing appropriate protocols for patients’ charts and billing practices
- Maintains healthy working relationship with team members as well as staff from all levels of the organization
- Supports the clinical training department and assures the Medical Assistants are competent in regards to clinical skills
- Assists providers with inbox tasks to include medication refills (per standing order SOP) and completing pertinent paperwork for patients outside needs
- Triage and appropriately delegating follow up needs for patients in regards to labs and any outside testing
- Patient advocate
- Able to provide education as needed to include disease processes and medication regimen
- Works with the care teams to assure schedules reviewed, patients charts prepared for visit
- Understands the immunization schedule and is able support clinic staff and patients
- Employee demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan and conflict of interest requirements. The employee enhances the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental performance improve goals.
-Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program required; BSN preferred.
-Two years' experience in case management and clinical nursing preferred.
-Current Colorado RN License, Current CPR (BCLS) certification
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.