Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Locations:||225 South Union|
|Category:||Manager / Professional|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a non-profit healthcare organization whose mission is to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers. We provide primary care services (medical, dental and behavioral healthcare) through 26 outpatient health centers in El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Arapahoe, Elbert, and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 800 employees and serves 90,000 patients in the Pikes Peak & East Central Plains region. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Position located at Women's Health Center, 225 S. Union, Colorado Springs, CO
Summary: The Clinic Administrator provides administrative support to the Medical and Operations Director while managing the day-to-day administrative coordination of Peak Vista’s clinical operations leadership by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide direct support to both the Director of Clinical Operations and Director of Medical
- Maintain clinic policies and procedures
- Provides vaccine program support & inventory management for both VFC and private stock
- Facilitates/coordinates with the Clinical Operations Training Team in scheduling care coordination trainings
- Remains competent with EPM management system & is responsible for daily template & provider schedules
- Monitors attendance, timecards, and time off requests
- Participates in hiring staff and makes recommendations/suggestions as to employment status
- Works with communications to plan and develop updates/revisions to signage & web pages
- Orders and maintains non-medical and medical supplies as needed
- Schedules meetings, formulates agendas, facilitates and maintains minutes, attend department meetings and may attend other meetings as assigned
- Works with panel management & supports provider empanelment composition & development
- Facilitates PI/QI activities utilizing FOCUS/PDSA & AAAHC benchmarking
- Supports facility safety initiatives, physical clinic maintenance & maintains regulatory standards for appearance
- Works with Patient Accounts to assure billing requisitions are completed timely
- Assist Director of Operations with patient advocacy issues focusing on customer service, patient satisfaction/complaints and provider productivity
- Maintain open line of communication between, RNs, Clinics, and Administration and all other internal departments and external customers as necessary
- Employee demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan and conflict of interest requirements. The employee enhances the effectiveness; efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental performance improve goals.
Education: High School graduate, GED equivalency. Associates preferred in Medical Assisting or Medical Administration.
Work Experience: Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience required and Ambulatory care/Primary care setting experience preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Internet software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.