Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dental Assistant - Jetwing
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Dental Assistant - Jetwing|
|Department Location:||Health Center at Jet Wing, 1815 Jet Wing Dr. Colorado Springs, CO 80916|
|Category:||Nursing / Allied Health / Clinical Support|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit health care organization whose mission is to provide exceptional health care to people facing access barriers through clinical programs and education. We provide integrated health care services to include medical, dental and behavioral health throughout 26 outpatient health centers within El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Elbert and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 950 employees and serves more than 94,000 patients annually in the Pikes Peak and East Central regions of Colorado. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Location: Health Center at Jet Wing, 1815 Jet Wing Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80916
Full Time Position
-High school diploma or equivalent education
- Dental certification required or a minimum of 3 yrs. of experience as a chair-side Dental Assistant.
-Current CPR certification required,
-X-ray Certification required.
Job Summary: Performs those duties to assist the Clinical Dental Director (CDD), Dental Operations Director (DOD), Dentists, and Hygienists in the care and treatment of patients including but not limited to assisting with amalgam and resin restorations, endodontics, prosthodontics and oral surgery. Performs reception, chair-side assisting, inventory and dental records duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the dentist and hygienists in chair-side procedures routinely done in a general dental practice.
- Responsible for preparation and setting up of instruments, materials, and equipment necessary for each procedure.
- Responsible for the sterilization of instruments, and the cleaning and routine maintenance of equipment and work areas.
- Assists with front desk responsibilities as needed, including, but not limited to: 1) scheduling and recall process; 2) reception of patients and updating patient records.
- Assists in processing encounters, billing and bookkeeping procedures.
- Identifies patient related medical and/or social concerns.
- Reports inventory problems and/or supply requests to Dental Assistant Supervisor (DAS)/DOD.
- Communicates concerns or problems with patient flow, customer service or quality assurance to DAS.
- Assists Dental Hygienist in the initiation and maintenance of the dental prevention and dental education program in an integrated medical setting.
- Maintains a safe work environment by remaining informed of and compliant with the clinic’s safety policies, and by application of safe practices.
- Assists in amalgam and resin restorations, endodontics, prosthodontics and oral surgery.
- Ability to travel inside and outside of the Colorado Springs area to provide supports as necessary.
- Promotes and demonstrates the mission, vision, and Core Values of Peak Vista.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with all departments, the management team, medical staff, and leadership.
- Embraces cultural diversity amongst ourselves and our community.
- Responsible for the human, financial, and material resources as well as data and information entrusted to us.
- Strives to deliver the best outcomes and highest quality service.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan and conflict of interest requirements.
- Enhances the effectiveness; efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental performance improvement goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Spanish bilingual preferred.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent education.
Work Experience: Dental Assistant certification or 3 years of experience as a chair-side Dental Assistant required.
Computer Skills: Intermediate - ability to access the intra/internet to manage timecard, review policies and procedures, and read company communications; use e-mail to communicate with co-workers, leadership, and other departments; use and create a variety of templates, complex tables, merges; manage table data, sort and filter merges, and also perform basic work with existing Macros; customize toolbars, import and insert graphs, embed Excel data, and elaborate reports; work with multiple worksheets, filter data, use integrate functions, and manipulate databases; customize templates and the PowerPoint environment, and to make a presentation interactive by using hyperlinks and action buttons
Certificates and Licenses: X-ray certification and CPR certification required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OSHA risk level/work environmental hazards: This position has been categorized as OSHA Level One (1). See Exposure Control Plan for details.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**PVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit: everify.com