Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Receptionist - Women's Health Center
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Receptionist - Women's Health Center|
|Department Location:||Women’s Health Center, 225 S. Union Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80910|
|Category:||Administrative / Clerical / Skill Trades|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit health care organization whose mission is to provide exceptional health care to people facing access barriers through clinical programs and education. We provide integrated health care services to include medical, dental and behavioral health throughout 27 outpatient health centers within El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Elbert and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 950 employees and serves more than 94,000 patients annually in the Pikes Peak and East Central regions of Colorado. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Position #4070 located at the Women's Health Center, 225 S. Union Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80910
Our Receptionists are the first line of customer service at the centers and provide direct support and guidance to the patrons of Peak Vista. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Schedules Appointments
- Performs the necessary intake functions for arriving patients
- Answers questions, cash handling, direction of telephone calls and other patient service duties
- Upon arrival, advise patients if provider is delayed
- Informs patient every 15 minutes of appointment status.
- Ensures that coverage and presence is always maintained at the front counter. A primary clinic will be assigned, but may on occasion travel to our nearby clinics to assist with coverage or training
- Ability to travel inside and outside of the Colorado Springs area.
- Promotes and demonstrates the mission, vision, and Core Values of Peak Vista.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with all departments, the management team, medical staff, and leadership.
- Embraces cultural diversity amongst ourselves and our community.
- Responsible for the human, financial, and material resources as well as data and information entrusted to us.
- Strives to deliver the best outcomes and highest quality service.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan and conflict of interest requirements.
- Enhances the effectiveness; efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental performance improvement goals.
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent education required
Computer Skills: Basic – ability to access the intra/internet to manage timecard, review policies and procedures, and read company communications; use e-mail to communicate with co-workers, leadership, and other departments; enter and correct data, modify a workbook, format a worksheet, and use printing functions; create a simple presentation in PowerPoint, run it, and print it.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required to stand and walk.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**PVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit: everify.com