Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
1102 - Program Specialist (Mobile Health Specialist/Driver)
at Pima County
- Position Description
This position, with occasional evenings and weekend shift, is in the Community Health Services - Clinical Services within the Health Department. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Salary Grade: 41
This classification is responsible for performing specialized support activities for a functional program or work unit. It is distinguished from the Program Coordinator classification by its focus on participating in the specialized support activities of a single functional program or work unit rather than coordinating a variety of activities for a program. It is distinguished from administrative classifications by the type of specialized support activities that are performed.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Participates in specialized support activities of a functional program or work unit in conjunction with program management staff;
Provides specialized support activities essential to the completion of program objectives;
Represents the program or work unit in meetings with county personnel and/or outside agencies;
Establishes and maintains liaison with various outside agencies, groups and concerns regarding specialized program activities;
Conducts program specific surveys to gather information or data for specialized studies, analysis or research;
Ensures program or work unit's specialized activities comply with applicable County policy and state/federal statutes and regulations;
Participates in the development of specialized program activities goals and objectives;
Researches, analyzes and reports on specialized program activities;
May lead staff and volunteers in specialized program activities;
May utilized computer graphic programs and other equipment and tools for specialized program activities.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- practices of specialized program operations and activities;
- principles and practices of effective leadership.
- developing specialized program activities goals and objectives;
- explaining and demonstrating program activities and requirements to the public;
- communicating effectively, both orally and in writing;
- leadership and training staff and volunteers.
- Minimum Qualifications
(1) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in management, public or business administration or a field closely related to the program area, as determined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment. (Relevant experience and/or education from an accredited college or university may be substituted.)
(2) Three years with Pima County in a paraprofessional or professional administrative classification.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- At least six (6) months experience as a medical driver/courier.
- At least two (2) years of experience driving an RV or other large vehicle (semi’s, heavy equipment, bus, etc.).
- At least six (6) months experience conducting minor maintenance on an RV or other large vehicle (semi’s, heavy equipment, bus, etc.).
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant’s suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Services’ review and approval of the candidate’s driving record.
Special Notice Items: The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.