Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
1863 - Special Staff Assistant - Senior (Senior Organizational Development Specialist)
at Pima County
- Position Description
This position is in the Health Department. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Salary Grade: 51
Assists in the planning, direction, and administration of a department, division, or operation and performs related work as required. This classification is distinguished from the Special Staff Assistant classification by its organizational placement and its greater latitude in authority and responsibility.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Assists in planning, directing, and administering the activities of a department, division or operation;
Coordinates the efforts of divisions, units, and personnel to achieve objectives;
Performs confidential investigations on behalf of the department Director;
Designs, directs, and administers studies, research, and special projects which address management concerns of a particular department, division, or operation;
Monitors and reports on various operational aspects of the department at the request of the Director;
Prepares, or participates in the preparation of, departmental budgets, schedules, analyses, reports and financial statements for approval by the Department Director;
Analyzes departmental/program expenditures for compliance with authorized budgets;
Reviews/analyzes periodic financial reports and statements;
Reviews and analyzes procedures and practices to determine efficiency and effectiveness of operations;
Develops, interprets, and implements departmental policies and procedures to improve efficiency, productivity, and operating economy for the work unit;
Represents the department or division on County committees, boards, and at various meetings;
Establishes and maintains liaison relationships with other County departments and with various outside agencies, groups, and concerns;
Conducts various departmental meetings;
Generates, submits, and tracks regulatory and compliance documents;
Researches and writes reports and memoranda;
Ensures work unit policies, procedures, and activities comply with applicable federal/state statutes, regulations, and County policy;
Develops and maintains databases using commercial software to monitor and track information;
Prepares user manuals, glossaries, training materials, etc. for use of departmental databases;
Utilizes an automated information system to monitor, track, and present data.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- management analysis and review;
- the principles and practices of public sector organization and administration;
- principles and practices of public-sector budgeting and financial management;
- research/analysis methodology and techniques and report preparation;
- public relations/public speaking/meeting facilitation;
- laws, regulations, statutes, policies, and procedures (County/State/Federal) applicable to work unit;
- computerized data, word processing systems and various applications of automated information systems.
- representing a department or division;
- reviewing and analyzing departmental policies and procedures;
- administering project and program activities;
- prioritizing and coordinating multiple tasks and activities;
- reviewing and analyzing accounting, budget and financial reports;
- communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, and preparing reports;
- researching, compiling, and analyzing information and making recommendations;
- interpreting and applying statutes, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- use of automated information systems to maintain/monitor data and produce documents.
- Minimum Qualifications
(1) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in business or public administration, management, accounting or finance or a related field and three years of professional administrative or managerial experience. (A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in one of the cited disciplines may be substituted for one year of required experience.)
(2) An Associate's degree or at least 60 semester-hours from an accredited college or university with a major in public or business administration, management, accounting or finance and five years of professional administrative or managerial experience.
(3) Seven years of professional administrative or managerial experience which included the review/analyses of accounting, budgeting or financial documentation.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Two (2) or more years experience facilitating group discussions or public speaking.
- Three (3) or more years experience developing and conducting professional training programs.
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Experience creating and implementing an employee development program.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Services' review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Items: The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.