Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
APPLICATION SYSTEM ANALYST
at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Requisition ID
- Information Technology
- Default: Location : City
- Location : Name
- 9521 San Mateo NE Albuquerque, NM 87113-2237
- Default: Location : State/Province (Full Name)
- New Mexico
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary. Competent to work on most phases of applications systems analysis activities, but requires instruction and guidance in other phases
Provides detailed support for definition/refinement of business requirements and for quality assurance/acceptance testing efforts
Designs, develops, tests and debugs software components of moderate complexity
Provides implementation, production and upgrade support for software components of moderate complexity
May act as supporting liaison between the application team and the user community, responsible for facilitating communications, coordinating system enhancements, and providing production support.
Works with user community to define business requirements in sufficient detail and define business use cases that systems configuration, development/enhancement, and/or Operations activities can be pursued.
Develops internal IT, user and Operations documentation to allow for smooth operations and easy system maintenance.
Preferred Qualification and Additional Information:
- Experience with Healthcare Provider data strongly preferred.
- Must have a strong desire to deliver defect-free, well-designed, and well-tested software.
- Experience in the Healthcare domain.
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL and/or SQL Server development (including writing complex stored procedures, packages, and/or functions).
- Experience with SHELL and VB scripting.
- Thorough understanding of Agile Methodology.
- Exposure or experience with Health Rules Payor (HRP) Claims Information.
Bachelor's degree in related technical/business area plus 2 years of IT or business experience. 6 years of additional experience can be substituted in lieu of degree
* Bachelor Degree
* Information Technology
Competencies and skills:
* SKILL-Ability to effectively interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data
* SKILL-Microsoft Office
* SKILL-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
* SKILL-Written communication
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.