Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECH - ADULT PSYCH
at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Requisition ID
- Clinical Care-Behav Health
- Default: Location : City
- Location : Name
- 8300 Constitution Ave NE Albuquerque, NM 87110-7613
- Default: Location : State/Province (Full Name)
- New Mexico
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Nights
Provides direct patient care, primarily those tasks requiring less technical nursing skills, under the direction of a Behavioral Health Specialist or registered nurse.
*Works as a member of an interdisciplinary team in the treatment and care of patients hospitalized with a broad spectrum of behavioral health issues and diagnoses, such as substance abuse, post-traumatic stress disorder, suicidal or homicidal behaviors, mental instability, or physical, sexual or emotional abuse.
*Observes patient mood, behaviors and interactions, performs patient rounds and precautionary checks, and assists with activities of daily living and patient care procedures as indicated under the direction of a licensed nurse.
*Performs activities to maintain a clean, organized, safe, and well-stocked patient care environment.
Specialized training in basic patient care preferred (e.g. CNA, MA, military medical training, NA, NT, nursing student who has completed skills labs or has at least 6 months experience in direct patient care).
Essential: * High School Diploma or GED
Competencies and skills:
* Analytics skills
* Behavioral Tech Basic Patient Care: Escorts patients to therapy groups, activities, trips, social functions, outside appointments and behavioral health court. Intervenes and assists patients with activities of daily living as needed (i. e. hygiene and grooming, oral care, skin care, nutrition, elimination, activity and mobility) while delivering individualized patient care and prioritizing patient needs under the direction of a licensed nurse. Provides precautionary care to maintain patient safety per patient plan of care
* Behavioral Tech Communications: Communicates pertinent patient data to RN, keeping him/her informed of all issues and concerns regarding patients or the environment
* Behavioral Tech Customer Srvc and Caring Practices: Uses good listening, oral and interpersonal communication skills to provide responsive, compassionate care and defuse volatile situations, while readily meeting patient requests/needs for personal safety, care, and comfort
* Behavioral Tech Indirect Care Activities: Maintains a clean, organized, safe, well-stocked environment, follows infection control standards, performs clerical functions as assigned, and transports specimens, supplies, and equipment
* Behavioral Tech Patient Care Procedures: Performs patient care procedures and crisis management in a safe, competent manner under the direction of a licensed nurse
* Behavioral Tech Teamwork: Contributes to the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient care and unit needs, and works cooperatively with others to accomplish required work in a timely and efficient manner
* SKILL-Ability to effectively interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data
* SKILL-Microsoft Office
* SKILL-Strong interpersonal and negotiation skill
* SKILL-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
* SKILL-Written communication
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.