Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at PRO EM
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Status: Full Time
Salary - DOE
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for assisting Controller in maintaining and complying with accounting policies and procedures that ensure the highest level of efficiency while maintaining appropriate internal controls and compliance with US GAAP. The Senior Accountant will also participate in the day to day accounting functions well as the month-end close process - creating journal entries, reviewing revenue recognition entries, job cost analysis and maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger (including subledger to ledger reconciliations and account reconciliations).
- Manage general ledger accounting and month end close for 3 locations.
- Perform account analysis and reconciliations particularly bank accounts and intercompany accounts.
- Assist Controller in preparing financial statement analysis and preparation of monthly financial statements for presentation to Senior Management.
- Ensure Financial Statements are completed in an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
- Research, analyze, and report on financial and accounting inquiries for the division.
- Supports AR & AP functions during peak season.
- Guides employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing accurate job cost analysis and present to Senior Management.
- Identify improvements to current processes surrounding General Ledger, AR and AP.
- Communicate with other business functions with financial results, variance analysis and provide solutions to any problems identified.
Assist with internal & external audit requests, work with auditors to provide support and resolve issues timely.
Maintain data set of results and key performance indicators by entering, verifying and backing up data, ensuring the highest level of data integrity.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience
- Ability to grasp understanding of business models quickly and independently
- Demonstrated ability to make effective presentations.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and personnel
- Demonstrated proficiency with Advanced Excel, Access skills, and PowerPoint
- Sage Intacct experience or another ERP
- Prior success thinking creatively and working with a sense of urgency in achieving objectives
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize assignments and work effectively under time constraints
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of US GAAP
- Thorough planning and organization skills with great attention to detail
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback and the ability to interact and partner with people at all levels and locations