Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Creative Team Member
at Jemez Pueblo
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Be a member of a “Creative Team” to take the lead in developing language immersion materials, resources and supplies that promote and increase language development as well as aid student learning in the classrooms and community through a multi-media and experiential based approach tied to classrooms lessons and the Jemez Language & Culture curriculum.
- Work with the Ed Director, Early Childhood Program Manager, Transition Coordinator, and local school teachers/administrators to develop Jemez Language & Culture curriculum support materials to be utilized within the different community schools to reinforce teaching the Jemez Language.
- Work and communicate directly with the teachers from the Early Childhood program and the local schools on lesson plans developed for teaching Jemez Language & Culture within their respective schools.
- Ability to create and bring to life lesson plans created by teachers thru visual arts, audio, multi-media and technological mediums, etc.
- Assist with compiling and maintaining database of various curriculum resources created as part of Lesson Plans or Unit Plans, sorted by grade level, speaking ability, topics, and/or themes.
- Assist Education Dept. and School Administrators with reviews and measurement of student progress, language attainment, and the impact of curriculum resources on Jemez language learning to improve and guide development of future initiatives.
- Uses a variety of traditional, non-traditional art methods, audio-visual equipment, new technologies and capabilities in the performance of the work.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, meetings, and workshops; attends meetings and conferences; coordinates information exchange.
- Contributes to the overall quality and work of the department by being a team player in coordinating, developing, and innovating, as part of the Creative Teams.
- Represents the Pueblo with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff, teachers, schools and the public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)/HSE Diploma; experience in traditional or contemporary arts, performing arts, multi-media, audio-visual or technology based equipment, software or other mediums.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the Jemez language (fluency can range: high to minimal/none)
- Skillset and ability in respective art form (i.e. traditional or contemporary arts, performing arts, multi-media, audio-visual or technology, but not limited to).
- Operation of common office equipment, including new technologies, as relevant.
- Policies and procedures related to the functions of the position.
- Ability to communicate effectively (Jemez and/or English)
- Customer service and public relations methods and practices.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Implementing program/project goals, objectives, procedures and work standards.
- Communicating effectively, in Jemez and/or English, to all key stakeholders
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work goals, objectives and activities.
- Organizing work, setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up on assignments with minimal direction.
- Working effectively as part of a team and motivating team members to meet goals and objectives in the most effective and time efficient manner.
- Using tact, discretion, initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid New Mexico Driver’s license preferred but not required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Mobility to work in a team setting environment and use office, technology or art equipment, as necessary; strength and agility to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials on paper and/or a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in over the telephone and in person.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- New employees are required to submit to a background investigation. Employment is contingent upon passing the background investigation.