Pueblo of Laguna
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pueblo of Laguna
Pay: $49,442 to $74,152/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2020-01
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops scope of service parameters for solicitation of professional contractual services for planning, design and construction projects.
- Develops, designs, formulates project parameters, and completes project manuals.
- Performs feasibility studies, analysis and comprehensive project evaluations; reviews design documentation and costs for accuracy.
- Develops special provisions for construction requirements not addressed by standard specifications.
- Follows current standards and processes regarding cultural or environmental reviews, for projects, including clearance processed under the National Environmental Policy Act, Tribal Historic Preservation Office and other laws and regulations.
- Utilizes AutoCAD Civil 3D, and other relative engineering design software to prepare site layouts, design drafting, as-builts, and other required visual interpretations for assigned projects.
- Prepares detailed project cost estimates; solicits bids; reviews construction bids and provides recommendations.
- Reviews, evaluates, and presents to Tribal Council and administration, requests such as rights-of-way or property easement issues for approval.
- Prepares documentation, coordinates and presents project planning and design award recommendations to Tribal Council and administration.
- Ensures accuracy and quality of work assignments, reviews design Staff’s assignments, and formulates conclusions to prepare for appropriate approval.
- Serves as Project Manager; ensures timely completion, project scheduling, and invoice certification of assigned projects.
- Manages project funding and budgets to ensure compliance with funding source requirements.
- Assists Construction Management team with inspections and quality assurance testing; provides submittal reviews, provides technical response to Requests for Information (RFI), and provides technical interpretation of plans and specifications.
- Reviews project invoices and reviews submittal information or other contract related documentation to ensure compliance with Program’s standard operating procedures.
- Coordinates projects and work assignments with relevant Department/Program staff and other relevant entities.
- Performs the work of Construction Inspector, as needed.
- Maintains required licensure/certifications; enhances professional and technical knowledge by attending relevant training and workshops.
- Contributes to a team effort to accomplish tasks and achieve results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering required.
- Three (3) years of work experience in civil design, construction management, and drafting required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Professional Engineer licensure preferred. Obtains PE licensure within five years of employment.
LAGUNA TRIBAL MEMBER PREFERENCE APPLIES
Send the official Pueblo of Laguna application to email@example.com