Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Queen Creek Unified School District
To maintain clean and beautiful grounds for all District Buildings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Arizona driver’s license
- Must pass a fingerprint and background clearance
- Experience with computers, such as email and work order systems
- Knowledge of hand and power tools
- Must have five years of experience in landscape and sprinkler systems
- Read and understand blue prints and closeout books
- Must be able to work outside in Arizona weather conditions
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Performs the planting, trimming, watering, fertilizing and care of the lawn to all district sites.
- Responsible for routine maintenance on the drip system, sprinkler system, and irrigation time clocks.
- Need to be able to repair timers, control valves, sprinkler heads, pumps, etc.
- Be able to operate lawn mowers, weed eaters, trimmer, blowers, tractors with their attachments, and pull trailers.
- Need to know the basics of designing an irrigation system and explain how it works.
- Taking care of the lining sports field for football, baseball, and soccer.
- Making sure that all district sites have well maintained grounds.
- Being flexible and performing other duties assigned by supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop or kneel for extended periods of time, as well as to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to be able to lift up to 50 lbs., be able to exert 50 -60 lbs. of force frequently, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and extreme heat or cold.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 12-MONTH; Vacation Days: per policy GDD. General Leave Days: per policy GDCA
COMPENSATION: Classified Salary Schedule, Salary Grade Level: Letter J
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Director of Building Operations
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor.
HOURS: 40 hours per week; 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)