Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Psychologist (Job Fair)
at Queen Creek Unified School District
Queen Creek Unified School District will be hosting a Teacher Job Fair on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Location: Queen Creek Unified School District Office
20217 Chandler Heights Road
Queen Creek, AZ 85142
Time: 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Candidates will be able to meet administrators from each site, ask questions and participate in interviews. Qualified candidates who apply online by February 19, 2020 will be scheduled for an interview a the job fair.
Provide psychological and educational support services on a consultative basis to schools as assigned within the district boundaries. Provide direct and indirect services to children, including evaluation, reporting, teacher and parent consultation, and educational programming.
- Valid Arizona School Psychologist Certificate and Master’s degree required
- Valid Arizona fingerprint clearance card
- Satisfactory criminal background check
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the administration of a variety of psychological educational assessment instruments
- Demonstrate ability to develop positive and effective relationships with students, parents, teachers, principals, and other professionals
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively, both in verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate ability to manage time and to complete assigned tasks in an organized and efficient manner
- Previous experience working with students and families from diverse ethnic populations preferred
- Ability to bend and lift 50 lbs. and stand and sit for long periods
Responsibilities shall include, but are not be limited to, the following:
- Conduct individual psychological educational evaluations in accordance with mandated timelines, district procedures, and state and federal requirements.
- Consult with parents, teachers, principals, and other professionals during the evaluation process to assist in determining students’ educational needs.
- Prepare written psychological educational reports in accordance with mandated timelines.
- Participate in the special education placement process to ensure student placement in the least restrictive environment.
- Function as an effective member of Multidisciplinary Evaluation and IEP teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or designee.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campuses and to drive to the schools and departments in the District. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
COMPENSATION: Certified Salary Schedule
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor.
HOURS: 40 hours per week
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480- 987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Friday, December 20, 2019 12:00 AM -
Wednesday, February 19, 2020 11:59 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)