Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher, Special Education Visually Impaired Specialist
at Queen Creek Unified School District
This position is for the 2018/2019 school year.
To teach special education students in their least restrictive environment following their individualized instructional program by adapting the district curriculum goals and objectives into learning experiences for each individual student.
- Valid State of Arizona Teaching Certificate
- Meets all certification requirements for the grade level/subject area
- Arizona fingerprint clearance
- Ability to bend and left 30 lbs., and sit, stand, stoop, and kneel for long periods of time
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Plan and implement a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students within the district curricula.
- Use effective teaching techniques and materials to implement established curriculum goals and objectives.
- Maintain and update IEPs for special education students using a computer-based system.
- Monitor and assess student progress in order to provide feedback on a regular basis to students and parents.
- Diagnose, evaluate, and address specific student needs and seeks assistance of District specialists as required.
- Communicate goals and/or objectives to students in a well-planned, organized manner using clear and precise language.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing the development of proper student behavior.
- Create educational experiences that provide each student the opportunity to develop his/her potential in the areas of personal-social adjustment, decision-making, positive self-image, and other life skills.
- Promote and follow the adopted school district philosophy, policies, regulations, and administrative procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or designee.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campuses and to drive to the schools and departments in the District. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 month calendar
COMPENSATION: Per Certified Salary Schedule
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education/Principal
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor
HOURS: 10 hours per week
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480- 987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Friday, March 1, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)