Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Resilient Health
Are you doing what you love? We are!
Why? At our core, we are a resiliency-building company. Our purpose is to unleash the power of our employees and participants to create a resilient world, one person at a time.
As an innovative, learning and collaborative organization, every position contributes to this purpose and our employees are the heart and soul of who we are. We support healthy work/life balance for our employees and invest in their potential through opportunities for continual learning and growth.
If this resonates with you, then read on!
About our Staff Accountant:
The Staff Accountant performs accounting and payroll functions for the company. Duties include reconciling and coding employee reimbursements, tracking prepaid expenses and accrued liabilities, maintaining asset and depreciation records, performing balance sheet reconciliations, preparing bi-weekly payroll and related reporting, general ledger variance analysis, assisting with month-end and year-end closing procedures, year-end independent audit processes, preparing daily receipts and deposits, and other accounting related duties as needed.
What a Staff Accountant Does at Resilient Health:
- Reconcile and assign GL coding to employee reimbursement requests.
- Maintain tracking for prepaid expenses, accrued liabilities, and deposits.
- Maintain asset and depreciation records and make necessary journal entries to record asset acquisitions and dispositions and depreciation expense.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Prepares bi-weekly payroll and all related payroll reports.
- Processes garnishments, payroll related claims, overtime hours, employee withholding changes, retirement plan deductions, and other payroll related transactions.
- Maintains payroll files.
- Reconciles payroll and benefit accounts in the general ledger.
- Assist with GL trend and variance analysis to identify and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Assist with month-end and year-end close procedures.
- Assist with processing and recording daily receipts.
- Assist with bank deposit preparation.
- Assist with tracking tenant rents and receivables.
- Assists with the year-end independent audit. Include preparing schedules, locating documents, and answering questions related to the staff accountant duties.
- Performs other duties as required.
What You Would Bring to Our Company as a Staff Accountant:
- Business equipment, computers, computer software and office procedures.
- How to manage and maintain medical records in accordance with clinical and legal guidelines.
- General accounting practices.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to meet constant stream of deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with accounting software and programs.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to communicate effective and appropriately.
- Ability to speak and write in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrate good judgment in determining what to communicate to whom.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or related field.
- 3 years general accounting experience, either in a public accounting firm or in a private corporate accounting environment.
- Previous experience with accounting systems. Experience with QuickBooks and GP Dynamics preferred.
- Previous payroll processing experience.
- Advanced Excel skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Resilient Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer andis dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibitunlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, religion,color, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information (includingresults of genetic testing), military status, sexual orientation, genderidentity or expression, or any other status protected by applicable state or locallaw.
American's with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Religious Accommodation
The Agency will make reasonable accommodation for qualifiedindividuals with known disabilities and for employees whose work requirementsinterfere with a religious belief, unless doing so results in an undue hardshipto the Agency or a direct threat to health or safety.
Where You'll be Located: 2255 W. Northern Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85021
If all of this sounds like something you wereborn to do, then we would love to hear from you! Please Apply!