Roosevelt Elementary School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Facilities
at Roosevelt Elementary School District
Job Reference #: 1316
Openings as of 11/1/2018
Student Support Services
- Director of Facilities JobID: 1316
- Position Type:
Student Support Services
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED TITLE: Director of Facilities
- To oversee the physical operation of the entire district and its programs
- Define job performance expectations of subordinate staff, evaluate job performance and develop training options and improvement plans to ensure the best operation of each department
- To create and oversee the careful maintenance and cleaning programs that keep the school’s appearance in exemplary condition
- Assign work to personnel and oversee completion
- To create and oversee an on-going equipment replacement program
- To develop, maintain and report all required environmental, health, safety, and maintenance standards as required by law and to work with the administration, to ensure compliance with all regional, state and federal regulations and laws as they impact the school
- Develop and maintain written procedures for reporting, monitoring, and security of all district buildings
- Develop and implement procedures for facility use requests
- Develop short and long term capital project plans and and ensure their timely completion
- Meet with contractors and vendors regarding bids and oversee contracted work to ensure compliance with contractual agreements and budgetary restrictions
- Oversee adherence to Board Approved policies and procedures
- Handle customer inquiries and complaints
- Manage internal staff relations
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to set priorities and make decisions.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
- Bilingual prefered
CLASSIFICATION: Distict Administrator
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
SUMMARY: The Director of Facilities will assume primary supervisory and managerial responsibilities for, Maintenance, Community Schools, Transportation, and Custodial Departments. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating, managing and supervising capital improvement and maintenance projects for the District.
Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Business, or related field
5 years of supervisory and managerial experience
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
The working environment is the normal office setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, District Administrative Salary Schedule employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!