Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Livelihood & Agriculture Program Manager (WFP), Iraq
at Samaritan's Purse
Are you an experienced Livelihoods & Agriculture leader with a longing to serve as the hands and feet of Christ? Samaritan’s Purse in Iraq is looking for a Livelihood & Agriculture Program Manager to manage an externally funded project focusing on livelihood, agriculture, and nutrition through cash grants, provision of greenhouses, rehabilitation of grain storage facilities through contractor and cash for work activities, and community nutrition in the Sinjar area. Intrigued? Read on to see if you could be the one to answer the call!
Description of Job Duties:
- Manages activities of a World Food Program (WFP)-funded livelihood and agriculture program that will be implemented in Sinjar.
- Leads and manages implementation of agriculture and livelihood activities in Sinjar.
- May assist with drafting quality monthly reports, quarterly reports, and final reports.
- Monitors project implementation activities and ensures activities are conducted in accordance with the agreed work-plans, proposals, and guidelines in Sinjar area.
- Provides leadership, support, guidance, and training to assigned employees and contractors.
- Coordinates with local authorities, government agencies, and participants to ensure the timely completion of activities to the maximum benefit of those involved.
- Advises in negotiation of terms of contracts with private and governmental agencies.
- Identifies and designs ideas for further livelihood and agricultural programming in the area.
- Coordinates with logistics for procurement, warehousing, and delivery.
- May contribute to budget management in keeping with pertinent protocols.
- Ensures accountability, adequate reporting, and grant compliance.
- Attends daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors, and volunteers.
- Attends relevant Cluster meetings.
- Maintains a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university with a degree in agriculture, development, engineering, civil engineering, or related field. Four years’ working experience in development projects either in agriculture/livelihoods, cash projects, or engineering.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of agriculture, food processing and storage systems; experience working with contractors and around construction sites preferred
- Prior experience managing a staff.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Experience working and living overseas preferred, with ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
- Fluent spoken and written English required, Arabic skills preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel.
This is a 12-month position with the possibility of extension.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
This position subject to approval of funding.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)