Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Readiness Specialist, Emergency Medical Response
at Samaritan's Purse
Are you an operations professional who enjoys bringing structure to ambiguity? Based at our International Headquarters in Boone, North Carolina, Samaritan’s Purse is searching for a Readiness Specialist, Emergency Medical Response to serve with our International Health Unit.
The International Health Unit is a team called to deliver the hope and healing of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth through innovative, reproducible, and quality health care in Samaritan’s Purse disaster responses. This role will serve in the implementation emergency medical response activities through operational site and build design and technical planning. If you are looking for a Career with Impact, we invite you to apply today!
This position will travel up to 30% of the year.
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Assist with the management of Emergency Medical Response (EMR) plan, systems, and technical solutions to make units and hospitals more nimble, cost effective, and flexible.
- In coordination with the Manager, Emergency Field Hospital Preparedness, assist in managing operational readiness of the Emergency Medical Response (EMR) program.
- Maintain plans and process improvement of new technical solutions for emergency field hospitals, mobile response units, cold chain management, severe malnourishment treatment, and other possible deployments.
- Provide and advise on the initial determination of appropriate level of care and applicability regarding build design, equipment, and supplies.
- Collaborate with technical advisors on the design of standard plans for medical facilities. This includes technical planning, design, diagrams, and electrical and WASH solutions.
- Maintain requirements and design plans for non-clinical durables and consumables. Coordinate with Emergency Medical Response (EMR) Specialist for all things clinical, and incorporate all requirements.
- Be available and maintain readiness to provide surge capacity for the Incident Management Team (IMT) or Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) deployments as requested.
WE ASK THAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, or related field required.
- Two to three years of experience in medical operations or medical logistics; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Master’s in Public Health or Health Administration, strong preferred.
- Two years of experience working internationally, strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated management experience in a crisis or low resource setting, strongly preferred.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies.
- Able to deploy internationally for up to four weeks during disaster response activities.
- Career with impact!
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Twelve or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)