Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor of Food Service FT 1.0
at Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Supervisor of Food Service FT 1.0
|Department:||Food & Nutrition Services|
|Location:||Rio Rancho, NM|
FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR
Job Summary and Scope
Under the supervision of the Food Service Director, Supervisor will assist with opening and closing of Dietary Department and will be assigned keys and safe combinations to secure safe deposits. Supervisor will perform routine supervisory tasks upon absence of Managers and will be responsible for supervising dietary staff.
- POLICIES AND PROCEDURES - Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality assurance programs
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
- Adhere to all established systems and training programs to provide a safe environment. Complies with all OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal regulations.
· Maintain the privacy, safety, and dignity of each patient by observing client patient confidentiality and by strictly adhering to HIPAA laws.
· Maintain and adhere to all sanitation standards by following assigned cleaning schedules.
· Adhere to food safety standards by maintaining temperature logs.
· Provide excellent customer service to clients and co-workers to ensure customer satisfaction by addressing concerns and needs.
· Exhibit professional behavior at all times in all areas of the workplace by reporting to work neatly groomed and in proper uniform.
· Supervise and serve food items according to food safety standards while utilizing standardized recipes.
· Perform cashier duties if applicable.
· Conduct inventory and restock assigned areas.
· Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
· Resolve customer service issues.
· Plan and prepare special events for the cafeteria to increase revenue and engagement.
· Supervise quality standards for food and presentation in the cafeteria.
- Coordinate production and execution of all on-site catering events.
SRMC Core Values
Integrity: Our words and actions match our values
To Serve: We put the needs of others before our own
Excellence: We strive to exceed expectations and/or standards in every activity, every encounter, and every initiative
Safety/Quality: We provide evidence based care, programs, services, and an environment that achieves the best outcomes
Teamwork: We enjoy the ability and power to work collaboratively to deliver exceptional service
- Must be punctual and be in attendance when scheduled for work.
- Must be able to communicate clearly through written and verbal communication
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Work Experience: 6 Months
Work Experience: 12 Months
Job is supervisory to the extent that daily work direction is provided to personnel in subordinate classifications.
Conditions of Employment
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check, reference checks and a post offer drug screen.
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Tuberculin Skin Test required annually
- Hospital required vaccinations
- Hospital required competencies
- Typical office and/or patient care, acute care hospital environment.
- Must be able to travel locally between facilities and within the surrounding community.
- Occasional exposure to minimal physical risk.
- Regularly exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat.