Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sapp Bros.
As a General Manager, you will learn how to be responsible for the overall sales growth and profitability of a department within a specific location. You will learn how to oversee a team of direct reports in a fast-paced retail environment where rapid decision-making abilities are required. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your retail operations / management career with a growing company, and you meet our qualifications, we want to talk to you!
As a General Manager, you will be a part of the retail management team that helps maintain and supervise the integrity, quality, and customer service that our company provides. We require our management team to be enthusiastically passionate about delivering outstanding Guest Service while creating a culture of caring for and about the people they oversee.
* Interviewing prospective employees
* Negotiating shelving allowance from a supplier/broker
* Holding regularly scheduled meetings
* Developing Sales Associate contest to achieve sales goal
* Investigating a cash shortage or inventory variation
* Coaching Direct Reports personnel regarding effective approaches to address problems during their shift
* Comparing manual totalizer readings to the reported sales of gasoline
* Keeping schedule updated at least three weeks in advance; approving vacation requests
* Attending regularly scheduled Safety and Department Head meetings
* Reconciling tank charts to reported sales
* Auditing vault and verifying that deposits make it to the bank daily
* Walking around the entire facility to ensure we are the cleanest travel center in the United States
* Meeting with supply vendor on better products or ways to save money
* Gathering bids for capital improvement budget
* Setting sales goal for upcoming fiscal year
* Researching variations on repair and maintenance costs compared to previous month's P&L
* Working shoulder to shoulder with Line Associates to understand issues they are facing
* Calling to have equipment repaired
* Approving department accounts payable
* Adjusting retail pricing due to changes in wholesale costs
* Ensuring department meets and exceeds all corporate office deadlines
Our Safety Mission Statement is to sustain zero accidents by providing a safe environment, worked in by safety minded employees.
Qualified Managers should be hands-on individuals with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively. Successful candidates will be expected to understand that they will be role models for Direct Reports and Retail General Associates; therefore, they will need to work within the guidelines that are expected from our staff. Our locations are open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week; as a General Manager, you can plan on working approximately 40 or more hours per work week.
* 5 years of management experience, preferred
* Ability to work a flexible schedule
* Willingness to relocate if necessary
* Ability to pass a criminal background, credit, and employment reference check
* Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
* Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with arms and hands.
* Occasionally required to lift and / or move items up to 65 pounds
* Vision requirements: Close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust to different lighting conditions.
Sapp Bros., Inc. has a unique culture that sets us apart from all other companies. We are professional, innovative and progressive; all while staying true to our values. We are a successful company that has been excelling in multiple industries for the last 48 years. By joining Sapp Bros., Inc. you will be joining a team that will treat you with respect and dignity, as well help you success in all of your career goals.
With Sapp Bros, you will be part of an established company with a long tradition of commitment to quality, ethics, and superior customer service. You'll have the opportunity to use your leadership, creativity, communication and people skills in a fun, rewarding environment. Plus, we offer opportunities for advancement as well as competitive compensation.
* Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
* Life & Accident Insurance
* Prescription Plan
* Paid Holidays & Vacation
* Education Assistance Program
* Gym Membership Reimbursement
* Discounts on Gasoline & Diesel
* Store & Restaurant Discounts
* Career Advancement - We promote from within!