Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Healthcare & Bid Sales Manager
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
- Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM/Based on business needs
Food Services of America is currently looking for a Healthcare & Bid Sales Manager to join our expanding team. As a fast-growing foodservice distributor, Food Services of America treats our customers as the boss and our Associates as our most important resource. Our growth provides Associates opportunities to drive their career.
The Healthcare-Bid Sales Manager reports directly to the Director of National Accounts/Program Sales and will be responsible for building strategic relationships at all levels within our existing customer organizations. The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management within our organization, as well as the customers’ organizations, including the experience and judgment necessary to know when to increase and intensify the communication, especially to executive management. The HBSM will also be responsible for working and managing a team of sales representatives calling on healthcare and bid sale customers which duties in bringing on new customers, building customer relationships and maintaining current relationships. Establishing those relationships at the upper management level is the key to success in these two areas of business.
- Manages activities of direct reports
- Build a business plan around future needs for the Healthcare and Bid Sales business models. Able to manage that plan and the associates that are responsible for executing.
- Strategically planning customer visits to cultivate relationships, perform presentations, business reviews with key customers and groups, offer innovative programs and communicate those visits with upper management showing progress being made.
- Develops and participates in working with customer and department budgets as determined by the DPS.
- Prospects and brings on new business as well as supervises, delegates, and trains supporting staff.
- Responsible for working with our Distribution Center Management Teams and supply chain organizations within FSA, and that Healthcare and Program Sales customers goals and objectives for day to day service levels, day’s inventory on hand and other metrics are successfully achieved.
- Plans and participates in local and national trade associations and conferences, food shows and trade shows for education and healthcare associations.
- Understands and trained on the Surequest Menu System for customers as well as be able to teach and train those customers on how to use the system.
- Proactively approaches and responds to troubleshooting customer challenges.
- Responsible for contract management, pricing and procedural compliance.
- Teams with individuals within the National Accounts Department and other key corporate personnel such as Marketing, Merchandising, Operations and Finance to communicate account plans and pricing and offer assistance to drive profitability.
- Rides with and develops plans with Healthcare sales associates as well as plans and holds monthly Team meetings.
Ability to work in the office as necessary to cultivate the team atmosphere with Bid Sales and the Healthcare team.
Weekly and monthly updates to the DPS including growth of business, prospects, losses, areas of concern and any personnel issues.
Other duties as assigned
Strong National Account/Healthcare/Bid Sales experience with proven success in foodservice sales account management
- 2-4 years managerial experience
- High school diploma required, a minimum of two to four years of college preferred, with an emphasis in business
- Ability to manage financials for department
- Ability to travel as needed dependent on business requirements
- Ability to pass a background investigation and drug screen
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of the organization and with customer organizations in a professional and unbiased manner.
- Strong attention to detail with strong organizational and time management skills
- Computer Skills Required, good working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Publisher
- Valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation and required insurance
- Ability to make travel plans and be reimbursed for those expenses
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled