Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager - Bankruptcy
at Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Bankruptcy Manager will ensure that the Bankruptcy Department is running efficiently with regard to processes, procedures and metrics. Directly manages Bankruptcy Representatives/Administrators in project monitoring, performance evaluations, goal setting and all other personnel matters. The Bankruptcy Manager’s functions include updating bankrupt accounts in the servicing system, researching accounts for their treatment in the bankruptcy cases and filing proofs of claim. Research also includes identifying accounts that are in need of litigation such as a Motion for Relief or a Plan Objection and forwarding those accounts on to the Legal Services Group. This person will work closely with the Director of the Bankruptcy Division to resolve procedural and systemic issues.
- Field questions from Legal Services Coordinators as well as other departments.
- Works closely with the Director of the Bankruptcy to resolve procedural and systemic issues
- Monitor and update procedures for the Secured Bankruptcy group.
- Maintain reports and dashboards and make adjustments when necessary.
- Responsible for staffing the group appropriately and resolving employee issues up to and including terminations.
- Responsible for Timesaver adjustments and sign off.
- Periodic review of standards.
- Prepare and give employee semester reviews.
- Holds meetings regarding bankruptcy procedures for the Secured Bankruptcy group.
- Review weekly audits with the team to go over errors.
- Responsible for training seminars on Secured Bankruptcy.
- Coordinates with other departments on projects that influence the entire company.
- Interact with Senior Management on a regular basis.
- Handle phone escalations.
- Maintain acceptable levels of production and quality.
- Produce monthly graphs for team production and accuracy.
- Manage any additional projects handed down by Senior Management.
- Minimum of 5+ years of bankruptcy related experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of related experience combined with leadership/management experience
- Understanding of collections, foreclosure, bankruptcy and REO experience desired
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Advanced communication skills
- Ability to motivate and mentor
- Self-Motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail a must
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience.