Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Recruiter 1 is responsible for interviewing, testing and referring applicants for entry-level, technical, administrative and management positions throughout the company. This position requires considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all entry-level and specialized functions in the company, a basic understanding of the company's organizational structure as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Recruits, interviews, makes offers, and conducts orientation for new employees. Performs the recruiting, interviewing and hiring process for the site with the assistance of the Recruiting Manager.
- Maintains applicant files and conducts personnel file audits to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Ensures appropriate criminal background checks, drug tests, degree verifications, credit checks, and reference checks are performed.
- Conducts New Hire Orientation Sessions and assists employees in completing new hire and benefits paperwork.
- Greets incoming applicants, provides them with the appropriate forms and notifies scheduled interviewers.
- Completes personnel action forms as needed.
- Answers questions concerning facilities, benefits, HR issues, policies and procedures with the assistance from the Recruiting Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by the management team.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar Recruiter type role with generalist background.
- Must be personable, reliable and outgoing.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with both internal/external sources at all different levels.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced office environment including direct telephone contact required.
- Team player but also has the ability to work independently.
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related area is preferred or equivalent experience.