South Peninsula Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CRNA (PCN 157)
at South Peninsula Hospital
Work Hours: Varies
Our CRNA will collaborate with a variety of health providers on the interprofessional team to deliver high-quality, evidence-based anesthesia and pain care services. They will care for patients at all acuity levels across the lifespan in a variety of settings for procedures including, but not limited to, surgical, obstetrical, diagnostic, therapeutic, and pain management.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE: The ideal candidate holds a current, active state licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Alaska and complies with all applicable state statutory and regulatory requirements concerning CRNAs.
- Perform and document the preanesthesia assessment and evaluation of the patient.
- Review, request, and order laboratory/diagnostic studies.
- Select, obtain, order, and administer preanesthetic medication or treatment.
- Develop and implement an anesthesia care plan.
- Select, obtain, prepare, and use equipment, invasive and non-invasive monitors, supplies, and drugs for the administration of sedation, anesthesia, and pain management services; perform safety checks as needed.
- Select, order, obtain, and administer analgesic and anesthetic agents, adjuvant drugs, accessory drugs, fluids, or blood products necessary to provide anesthesia services.
- Perform all aspects of airway management, including fiberoptic intubation.
- Facilitate emergence and recovery from anesthesia by evaluating patient response, and selecting, ordering, and administering medications, fluids, and ventilator support to maintain patient stability during transfer.
- Initiate and administer post-anesthesia pharmacological or fluid support of the cardiovascular system.
- Initiate and administer respiratory support to ensure adequate ventilation and oxygenation in the postanesthesia period.
- Evaluate the patient’s response to anesthesia and surgery; take appropriate corrective action during the postanesthesia period.
- Provide postanesthesia follow-up evaluation and care.
- Discharge the patient from the postanesthesia care unit.
- Manage emergency situations by assessing, stabilizing, and determining disposition of patients, including providing airway management, administration of emergency drugs and fluids, and using basic and advanced cardiac life support techniques.
- Place and manage regional anesthetic techniques, as delineated by his or her clinical privileges or granted special privileges
ENVIRONMENT: We invite you to join our team of professionals at South Peninsula Hospital located in scenic Homer, Alaska. As the largest employer in the community, we offer an extraordinary work/life balance, as well as competitive pay and benefits. Our employees enjoy a rewarding career with astounding opportunities for growth and professional advancement, and the ability to explore the natural habitat and beauty of Alaska.
You will be captivated by Homer, a small, charming seaside community surrounded by gorgeous and bountiful mountains, beaches, glaciers, sea life, wildlife, amazing fishing and hunting, and breathtaking views of Kachemak Bay. You will be impressed with the surrounding schools, museums, art galleries, fine dining options, and seaside accommodations.
Let your next adventure take you to Homer, Alaska, long known as the “Halibut Fishing Capital of the World.” Whether you are an experienced professional, or just starting your career, we invite you to explore career opportunities with South Peninsula Hospital. Working at South Peninsula Hospital is not just a job – it’s a career. You will absolutely love it here!