South Peninsula Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
REGISTERED NURSE - LONG TERM CARE (PCN411)
at South Peninsula Hospital
Work Hours: 6pm to 6am
Utilizes the nursing process to plan and provide patient care to patients according to established standards and practices.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Registered Nurse provides primary patient care as outlined in this position description. Standards for nursing practice have been established by the Alaska State Board of Nursing, state statute, American Nurses Association and the American Association of Office Nurses. The Registered Nurse provides care to clients of South Peninsula Hospital (SPH) in accordance with established practice standards and state and federal regulations. The Registered Nurse performs all of the activities required to provide primary patient care in the clinic setting and works in other areas as appropriate based on experience and training.
- Must possess a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of
- Must keep current with CEU credits as required by the State of
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in Gerontology, preferably in a Long Term Care facility, is preferred.
- Speaking, listening, and writing skills required to effectively communicate with others, and to document care provided. Ability to complete computer documentation is required.
- Numerical ability is required to calculate drug dosages.
- Ability to complete and pass Medication Administration Test.
- Must complete General and Licensed staff orientation for
- Must have ability to organize tasks.
- Other duties as assigned by Director or CNO.
We invite you to join our team of professionals at South Peninsula Hospital located in scenic Homer, Alaska. As the largest employer in the community, we offer an extraordinary work/life balance, as well as competitive pay and benefits. Our employees enjoy a rewarding career with astounding opportunities for growth and professional advancement, and the ability to explore the natural habitat and beauty of Alaska.
You will be captivated by Homer, a small, charming seaside community surrounded by gorgeous and bountiful mountains, beaches, glaciers, sea life, wildlife, amazing fishing, and breathtaking views of Kachemak Bay. You will be impressed with the surrounding schools, museums, art galleries, fine dining options, and seaside accommodations.
Let your next adventure take you to Homer, Alaska, long known as the “Halibut Fishing Capital of the World.” Whether you are an experienced professional, or just starting your career, we invite you to explore career opportunities with South Peninsula Hospital. Working at South Peninsula Hospital is not just a job – it’s a career. You will absolutely love it here!