St. Joseph Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ER Care Technician, Part Time (7p-7a-Night Shift)
at St. Joseph Medical Center
Under supervision and direction of the Clinical Nurse and according to established procedures, provides routine service duties, technical and nursing procedures necessary to provide for care, comfort and safety of patients. Performs tasks, assists patients with personal hygiene and meals and ambulates patients according to specific procedures. Maintains patient and unit environment in a clean and orderly condition. Stocks supply carts and patient rooms as assigned. Utilizes basic knowledge of age related differences in delivering patient care.
Provides care for all age groups.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Consistently supports the hospital’s Spirit of Serving Standards, in line with the Mission, Vision, and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and Associates through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Participates in education and quality improvement activities.
5. Provides for care, comfort and safety of assigned patients. Participates in plan of care for patient assignment as directed by clinical nurse. Follows policies and procedures established by hospital. Responds to patient call lights to determine needs and relays information to nursing personnel. Distributes patient trays and nourishments, assists patients with feeding and collects trays at end of meal. Places patient orders in the computer system and completes quick registration of patient’s when necessary. Completes patient vital signs as directed by clinical nurse. Completes various errands as requested, such as retrieving and delivering supplies, specimens, instruments, test results and so forth. Completes more complex tasks such as EKG’s, POC testing beyond blood glucose and Intravenous cannulation.
6. Accurately documents basic procedures and treatments in patient’s chart.
7. Recognizes age related needs, sensory, and cultural considerations and adjusts care to reflect patient needs and preferences.
8. Maintains patient and physical environment in a clean and orderly condition. Assists in transferring patients, beds and patient care equipment to other rooms, using necessary safety precautions.
9. Participates in measures to prevent any exposure to infectious pathogens and communicable pathogens.
10. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by St. Joseph Medical Center and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the Code of Ethics and Compliance.
- Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
- Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Compliance Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
11. Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.