Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
House Supervisor (PRN)
at Steward Health Care System
Under the general supervision of the Department Director, the House Supervisor, assumes administrative and technical responsibilities for the assigned unit of service. In collaboration with the Department Director, the House Supervisor:
- Assumes responsibility for the unit of service on designated shift and coordinates activities of nursing personnel on other shifts as applicable.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the patient care staff.
- Provides ongoing management and supervision of the unit of service to promote the overall quality of patient care services.
- Makes decisions regarding activities within the unit of service based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the Unit with collaboration with the in unusual situations.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Current licensure in
as a Registered Nurse. Texas
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical practice in provision of nursing care services with emphasis on leadership and management experience preferred.
- Certification level courses (ACLS, NRP, etc.) as per department specific competencies.
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.