Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Technologist - FT Days
at Steward Health Care System
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 40931
Categories: Healthcare - Lab/Hematology/Pathology, Healthcare - Radiology/Imaging, Healthcare - Support Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Location: Odessa Regional Medical Center
Posted Date: 11/10/2020
It’s no wonder Odessa Regional Medical Center has a 5-star rating for maternity care, considering it began as a women’s and children’s hospital in 1975. Since then, ORMC has become a leading provider of comprehensive healthcare services. The hospital now offers sophisticated procedures like heart surgery, and is home to the most advanced medical technology available today. ORMC has evolved over the years, but one thing hasn’t changed—the hospital still offers the same family-friendly atmosphere and personal attention that patients have trusted for over forty years.
Responsible for the processing of laboratory specimens and reporting of results in all areas of the clinical laboratory. Maintains laboratory records. Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices in the Laboratory. Participates in Performance Improvement activities. Provides service to age range from neonate to Neonate to Geriatric.
- Associate or Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, or Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
- Current certification as a Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technician or Medical Laboratory Scientist to perform as a generalist.
- Eligibility to sit for certification exam as Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technician or Medical Laboratory Scientist to perform as a generalist. Must obtain certification within 1 year of hire date.
- Must be able to perform testing in the following specialties; blood bank, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, serology/immunology.
- Certifications as indicated by the Steward Certification document.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!