Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Med/Surg Float Nursing Assistant - Per Diem/As Needed
at Steward Health Care System
Med/Surg Float Pool; Per Diem Nursing Assistant; One year of acute care experience or nursing clinical rotations required. CNA certification preferred; BLS preferred
The Nursing Assistant performs basic patient care activities as delegated by the registered Nurse, which assist the nursing staff in providing for quality patient care
Performs non-nursing functions which impact and contribute to the quality of patient care as directed by the Registered Nurse.
Provides and maintains a safe and comfortable environment for the patient:
- Assists patients getting in and out of bed.
- Orients patient to call l light and side rails, maintains accessibility and answers call light in a
- Stays with restless patients.
- Makes and instructs in the use of cough pillows.
- Assists in the collection of medical data, vital signs.
Assists the Registered Nurse with ADLs:
- Partial bed baths, assistance with shower and sit baths, as appropriate for patient.
- Fills water pitchers serves nourishments.
- Records intake and output.
Knowledgeable and compliant with infectious diseases policy and procedures:
- Appropriately cares for patients on precautions.
- Uses protective measures as deemed appropriate.
- Separates infectious materials and disposes of them appropriately.
Complies with Patient Safety goals as set forth by the medical center
High School diploma or equivalency.
Requires previous Nursing Assistant experience or for nursing students, one clinical rotation completed.
Able to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
Able to complete mathematical computations required to perform treatment protocols.
Able to lift, transfer and move patients.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled