Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Sitter Per Diem
at Steward Health Care System
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Summary: Responsibilities will focus on patient safety. The Sitter position will help maintain a safe and secure environment. Patient monitoring and observation is essential to the Sitter role. Levels of observation include routine safety checks, constant observation (1:1) and line of sight observation. Responding to emergencies and assisting in the management of patients is required. The Sitter will also provide general floor support. Helping to restock supplies, escorting patients off the unit for diagnostic testing, and couriering samples to the lab are examples.
Maintains Patient Safety while monitoring patients
- Maintains required observation levels on all assigned patients.
- Maintains therapeutic boundaries with all patients
Restraint, Seclusion and Patient Observation
- Demonstrates the ability to know when to call a Code.
- Assists in the management of patients including verbal de-escalation, physical restraint and close observation (1:1)
- Documents in accordance with assigned responsibilities including seclusion and restraint monitoring.
- Responds to Codes internally and in other departments when able
- Assists in conducting room searches when deemed necessary.
- Is able to identify and manage contraband in accordance with approved protocols.
- Demonstrates the ability to check unsecured rooms/areas and doors/windows during routine rounds.
Patient Check Ins
- Accurately records patient belongings
- Assists in transferring patient valuables to and from the hospital safe.
- Able to accurately document patient information as required
- Promptly communicates issues related to unit and patient safety to direct care staff.
Interactions with patients and visitors
- Treats visitors and employees in a courteous manner; is supportive of those who may be having difficulties.
- Provides support/guidance to visitors and employees.
Demonstrates the ability to interact appropriately with a challenging individual
The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
Important COVID message
Please note, our Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.