Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Remote Inpatient Coder
at Steward Health Care System
The HIM Acute Inpatient Coder shall support the Central or West Division. The Inpatient Acute Care Coder shall review hospital inpatient medical documentation to assign, sequence, edit and/or validate the appropriate ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes. The specialist will perform coding across multiple locations.
- Minimum 1 year of Acute Inpatient hospital coding required, 3 years preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of CCs/MCCs, impact on quality reporting, UHDDS guidelines, HACs and PSIs
- Meditech experience required
- Microsoft Office (Word, One Note, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Education: RHIT or RHIA preferred
- Experience: 1 year of Acute Inpatient Coding Experience
- Certification/Licensure: CCS Certification
- Software/Hardware: 3M experienced required
Other: Remote position, but must report to the Richardson, Texas office as needed (onboarding, training, department meetings, etc).