Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Steward Health Care System
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
The Registered Nurse, under the day-to-day supervision of the assigned nursing supervisor, provides support to staff nurses by assisting with clinical care, proactive rounding, flow management and staff mentoring. Assist staff with procedures, policies and care of patients on the inpatient floors
- To assist in promoting and maintaining quality patient care
- Conducts pro-active rounding on high risk patients, ie: < 24 hrs post ICU transfer, < 24 hrs post-surgical inpatient.
- Assist in teaching nursing staff on procedures, policies and the standard practice of the facility
- Respond to Rapid Responses and Code Blue calls within the inpatient services,
- Resource RN may be assigned a temporary patient assignment in order to facilitate admissions, discharges, transports, meal break coverage, and rapid responses.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in an emergency situation
- Round frequently on the all inpatient units and act as a resource for staff.
- Acts as expert resource for IV assertion for difficult starts, may work to train novice RNs on increasing their own IV competency.
- Assist staff with medication administration, documentation, patient care
- Work closely with staff to develop an environment that promotes staff growth, role competency and proficiency in nursing skills/critical thinking
- Work with staff to improve service excellence
- Promote RN professionalism and provide guidance to the Novice RN
- Promote patient flow including facilitating discharges and admissions.
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is reliable in respect to punctuality
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Provides handoff to oncoming resource nurse, charge nurse, clinical leader and/or supervisor as appropriate
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Provides nursing care to individuals and groups in alignment with the organization’s quality metrics.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed
- Current MA Licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Registered Nurse for minimum of 5 years
- American Heart Association BLS and ACLS certification
- BSN required MSN preferred (for external applicants ONLY) or equivalent experience
- Excellent assessment skills, clinical skills, and organizational skills, computer knowledge and charge capabilities
- Annual Care of the Aggressive Patient training
Evidence of individual professional development
- Professional and a positive attitude
- Embraces team work and ability to multitask
- Excellent critical thinking skills and organization skills
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of caring and treating patients with complex medical and surgical health care needs
- Strong telemetry skills
Strong IV insertion and maintenance skills