Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Belk Marketing
This role will be a critical member of the Belk portfolio team and will lead and manage marketing initiatives, primarily focused on profitable lifecycle initiatives. The role will also be essential in delivering new opportunities to drive overall profitable portfolio growth.
- Partner with several functions within the Synchrony, Belk partner as well as agency/supplier partners to identify, develop and execute multi-channel (in-store, direct and digital) solutions focused on customer engagement, spend and loyalty. Candidate ideally has strong digital and in-store marketing experience. Ensure legal, compliance and regulatory requirements are met. Achieve desired results and maintain timelines and cost estimates.
- Manage and communicate the Belk lifecycle promotional and credit marketing offers plans to all stakeholders - both internal and Belk. Prepare, lead and coordinate campaign briefing and summary documents for Belk and agency use.
- Develop business case presentations and action plans to drive lifecycle marketing strategy; including targeting recommendations, test design, cross-channel optimization, and cost/benefit analysis across its 3 program tiers and 2 products.
- Create lifecycle marketing strategies and communications based on industry trends, competitive insights, research and prior campaign performance. Define, execute and manage customer & associate research both with internal and external partner organizations as required.
- Interpret, communicate and manage performance results on campaign performance.
- Track and maintain the lifecycle marketing program budget - ensure client alignment.
- Lead lifecycle special projects which may include market research, plastic reissues, upgrades, or Belk special events.
- Providing thought leadership to influence SYF and Belk business leaders to implement marketing and product strategies based upon customer, financial and data driven insights.
- Support various areas of focus - as identified by internal and client needs.
- Participation in portfolio strategic planning process and internal operating reviews.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, OR in lieu of degree, a high school diploma and 10 years in a marketing or customer analytics role in the financial services, credit card and/or payments industry
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a marketing at multi-product/multi-channel financial services or retail organization
- Travel requirements: ~10%-15%, depending on business need
- MBA or graduate degree in a Marketing a plus
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously for on-time and on-budget delivery
- Excellent innovation, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with exceptional presentation skills
- Relationship management experience - ability to develop strong working relationships with cross-functional business partners and executive leadership, communicating with both technical/non-technical resources (internal, client, vendor)
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, team building, organizational and motivational skills
- Strong project management background
- Exceptional, creative and inventive mindset - strong desire to build unique, best-in-class solutions
- Proven management and leadership skills - willingness to own responsibility
- Experience with CRM and MRM information management and workflow systems
- Knowledge of pertinent laws and regulations impacting financial services product offerings (e.g. FCRA, UDAAP, Card Act, e-Signature Act, Reg B, etc...)
- Ability to efficiently organize and maintain a cross-functional, team-based approach to initiatives with internal and external partner organizations in a fun and fast-paced environment - flexible, adapts well to change
- Experience working with digital analytics - tracking performance from advertisement through to completion of the transactions
- Proficient in the use of MS Office product suite -particularly MS Excel and MS PowerPoint presentation design
***This is a Charlotte, NC based position***
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Marketing
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.