Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Installment Product Leader
Payment Solutions is focused on delivering new Point of Sale technology and features for our partners and removing friction at checkout for our customers. To continue our accelerated growth, we are seeking a talented and ambitious AVP- Installment Product leader to lead the commercial success of the Secured and Unsecured Installment products and features. You’ll work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, matrix environment. The role demands a high level of curiosity, principled thinking, bold innovation and a mentality of starting with the consumer and partner in mind first.
The primary responsibilities of the VP POS Solutions are to:
- Support Payment Solutions goal of successfully launching a suite of Installment products and features supporting a key Strategic Initiative.
- Help ensure Payment Solutions has the proper processes, people, systems and governance in place to execute the Installment strategy and scale new products.
- Work with a cross functional team on requirements for a new Origination and Servicing Installment platform
- Oversee products in the market and help accelerate product development
- Understand the needs of our customers and clients to be their advocate in the installment loan wing to wing process.
- Be an expert on our customers, product, market and competitors and define how to accelerate Installment features to be a market leader.
- Analyze the user impact of product features and define key metrics for success.
- Optimize user experience using controlled tests and user testing.
- Partner in cross functional projects with Commercialization leadership, IT, Sales, Finance and Compliance to shape business requirements, and develop and implement key Installment projects
- Identify new opportunities to drive growth and innovation for Secured and Unsecured products
- Gain knowledge of the client’s environment and processes and provide best practices to drive growth
- Ensures process rigor and adherence to program methodology standards, including all required project and client documentation is updated accordingly
- Strong technical skill set used to drive requirements, testing and production validation
- Creates, communicates, and manages the project plans and other required project documentation and provides updates as necessary
- Provide quality control over design outputs and production
- Proven ability work collaboratively in a team environment
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Minimum 5+ years financial services experience
- Minimum 1+ years of leadership experience driving a rigorous program across large financial services or technology business
- Bachelor’s or, in lieu of a degree, a high school diploma and 5 years of sales experience in the credit card or financial services industries
- Hands-on experience with consumer credit lifecycle projects across both agile and water-fall development methodologies
- Proven competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook and experience with project management tools
- Ability to travel <25%
- Analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Secured/Unsecured Installment experience
- Results driven, and strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to shepherd multiple concurrent priorities to completion without significant guidance
- Superior oral, written, and client communication skills, as well as the ability to manage expectations of the business, clients, team members, management and external groups.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Sales
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.