Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Product Analytics
This AVP, Product Analytics role is responsible for providing data-driven analytic strategy solutions to drive the profitable growth of our Dual card and Co-brand products. The full customer lifecycle is in scope including acquisition, early-months-on-book activation, and retention strategies. The individual is expected to manage a queue of analytical projects from start to finish and develop actionable recommendations based on findings. This will include behavioral analytics, segmentation, building P&L proformas, forecasting, and other activities related to improving portfolio performance.
- Support our Dual Card upgrade program, which includes developing targeting strategies through pro forma forecasts and financial analysis. Recommendations will be presented to senior leadership to seek approval
- Conduct wing to wing extensive analysis of performance trends and leverage predictive analytics to provide insight into growth opportunities
- Provide analytics for co-brand strategic initiatives including opportunity sizing, targeting and measurement approach
- Analyze and segment customers by behavior, level of engagement, and profitability to ensure that targeting strategies meets the needs of customers and the business
- Ensure compliance with all applicable model regulatory and governance requirements
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution OR in lieu of Bachelor’s degree, 7+ years of progressive experience working with data/analytics in the financial services, credit card and/or payments industry
- 3+ years of progressive work experience, including:
- 2+ years experience data mining or programming in SAS, SQL, R, Python, or other comparable languages
- Prior analytics experience ideally in one or more of the following fields: marketing, portfolio management, product development, or loyalty programs in credit card / consumer businesses, or credit card risk strategy
- Proven hands-on experience utilizing SAS and SQL data mining skills
- Experience in SAS e-Miner, specifically segmentation tools such as decision tree analysis
- Strong understanding of targeting and segmentation, retail analytic tools and advanced skills using Excel and PowerPoint strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of card industry financial P&L drivers and key sensitivities
- Strong project management, communication, multi-tasking, relationship management, and the ability to work independently
- Ability to perform ad-hoc analysis, glean and form business insights under aggressive timelines
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 60,000.00 - 130,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Marketing
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.