Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Development Leader
This is a full-time role that reports daily to our office in Menlo Park, CA. The Sales Development Leader is responsible for managing the Sales Development Representative (SDR) team and executing on a plan to open and cultivate new qualified sales opportunities from a list of Target Accounts or specified geographies. The Director of SDR will be a player coach role (initially) building, scaling and coaching a team of SDRs, but also calling into the C-Suite of our retail prospects, acting as the initial point of contact to develop relationships and inspire interest in Loop’s solutions. Working in tandem with the Head of Retail Partnerships, this role will be primarily focused around management of the team to drive demand for our solutions, researching Target Accounts and performing outreach through emails, calls, and social media to develop relationships and qualify opportunities.
About Loop Commerce
"Acquired by Synchrony in June 2018, Loop Commerce is a transformative force in the $400 billion Gift-Commerce category. The Menlo Park, CA company helps leading brands and retailers like Banana Republic, Target, Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus to eliminate the traditional obstacles their customers face when trying to purchase items as gifts. Among its many offerings, Loop Commerce's patented GiftNow® service integrates seamlessly into retailers' stores to offer gift givers enhanced choices at check out, and gives gift recipients options such as changing the size or color of an item before it ships to allow more confident, faster purchase decisions for shoppers and less hassle for recipients. Loop’s GiftNow is fast growing to become the ubiquitous consumer brand and gifting service, implemented and driven by these leading retailers. On the momentum of GiftNow's success, Loop Commerce has recently expanded with its Gift360 suite of products, to drive further value to retailers and consumers alike, redefining how people buy and receive gifts across the digital and physical worlds. Additionally, ecosystem partners in payments, ad-tech, logistics, social and loyalty and benefiting much from Loop’s technology, capabilities and vast network of leading retailers, and now partnering with Loop to enhance their own businesses.
Loop Commerce and GiftNow have been profiled by numerous news organizations including CNBC, CBS, USA Today, Chain Store Age and Forbes, as changing the game for commerce as it relates to shopping others, and leading the category that is now defined as g-commerce (gift-commerce). The company has also been well recognized in 2016 as the best tech startup in Silicon Valley, and in 2017 was awarded the most innovative company in fintech and commerce. Loop Commerce defines its vibrant culture as being a family-like and fun-loving atmosphere, agile, and focused on defining the leading edge of something meaningful for millions of people. And now, while maintaining it’s start-up culture and fast-pace innovation, Loop has the backing and support of Synchrony to fuel and accelerate its growth and success".
- Set and define the Sales Development strategy, create repeatable activities and management oversight policy that ensure attainment of annual company revenue targets
- Manage a scalable and repeatable data-driven sales methodology that is grounded in rigorous metric measurement management to consistently meet and exceed revenue targets
- Provide regular coaching, feedback, and professional development for the Sales Development Reps
- Perform regular reviews with team members to continue to improve individual and overall team performance and production
- Lead prospect hand-off meetings to impart sales intelligence and wisdom and set the example for your team
- Hire, onboard and train new Sales Development Reps as your pipeline targets grow
- Working together closely with the VP of Sales to grow the pipeline for a defined target list
- Own and lead the sales development strategy and execution of your assigned targets
- Promoting and marketing Loop Commerce’s platform through extensive and persistent cold calling, emails and communication(s) to prospective clients
- Qualifying and setting appointments for all inbound leads generated by our marketing programs
- Researching and evaluating additional leads/prospects through web research and documenting in Hubspot
- Scheduling Initial Prospecting Meetings for your VP of Sales
- Providing in depth information to the Sales team to enable the most qualified and productive demos
- Meet or exceed assigned quota of a minimum of calls, emails, and social outreach per day
- Maintain a consistent production of new calls and demos with new prospects and the VP of Sales
- Using outbound communication, help as needed to build awareness on special projects / events
- Maintaining all contacts/opportunities and recording all progress in Hubspot
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of sales or sales development experience, preferably in the retail solutions space
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing, developing and leading business or sales development teams in a growth-stage environment
- Four-year post-secondary education/Bachelor's degree
- Startup experience highly preferred
- Visionary, strategic thinker with a knack for persuading and negotiating with internal and external audiences
- Lead with positive, player-coach mentality, are hands-on, empower teams to creatively problem-solve, and are motivated to mentor up-and-coming talent
- Proven track record demonstrating strong articulation of key selling points via phone, email and other channels
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with excellent listening skills
- Ability to develop rapport, influence others and maintain strong working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to clearly explain complex commerce issues and topics
- Ability to assist in coordinating sales functions including prospecting and leads research
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to deal with rejection
- Must be self-motivated, persistent, and able to work independently
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
Job Family Group:Sales
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.