Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Marketing Database Infrastructure (L12)
As a member of the Marketing Solutions Center of Excellence, the Infrastructure Solutions Leader serves as the marketing database strategy professional within the Data Delivery organization. As part of a broader team, this individual is charged with establishing/maintaining relationships within Marketing Solutions, with our functional partners (Analytics, Risk, IT, Collections, Legal/Compliance) and platforms (Retail Finance, Bank, CareCredit), our third-party marketing service providers and improving/building processes. This role reports to the Data Deliver Leader, and is an integral part of the cross-functional team strategy.
- Develop & implement marketing database strategies and processes to further enhance data capabilities, ensure compliance and drive platform advancement
- Manage the 3rd party DBM supplier to effect day-to-day database maintenance, enhancements and issue resolution and to track expenses and adhere to annual budgets
- Define and improve Synchrony Financial (‘SYF’) marketing database processes, encompassing infrastructure and campaign data delivery to ensure campaign accuracy and maintain a compliance-centric marketing data environment
- Oversee Database Marketing issue resolution and remediations, using trends and learnings to develop adequate process controls.
- Serve as a thought leader, advisor and problem-solver in evaluating Marketing Solution trends and objectives and recommending infrastructure strategies to drive growth, increase speed-to-market and minimize issues
- Serve as Marketing’s foremost expert on Marketing data, infrastructure and processes
- Act as SYF Supplier Manager with responsibilities including regulatory and legal compliance, scorecard development, process reviews, business continuity, invoice processing, incident tracking and SLA management
- Serve as the SYF Supplier Owner for marketing database supplier services, accountable for the supplier relationship, contract[s] and SOWs and ensuring all aspects of agreements are continually met & maintained
- Bachelor Degree or, in lieu of degree, a high school diploma/GED and 12 years of database management experience
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience, to include (can be concurrent):
- 6 years experience with database management tools/languages (ex. SAS, SQL, Unix)
- 5 years experience working with large-scale database marketing suppliers (ex. Acxiom, Epsilon, Merkle, etc)
- 5 years experience working in a process improvement role and/or environment
- 3 years experience in managing holistic marketing data infrastructure
- 3 years team management experience
- Deep understanding and subject matter expertise with marketing database infrastructure, platforms, architecture and data hygiene/quality/controls
- Proven ability to identify process improvement opportunities and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Experienced cross-functional leadership, communication and relationship-building skills with proven ability to obtain buy-in on concepts/strategies from internal, external and management constituents
- Excellent facilitation and collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively across a highly matrixed organization
- Highly motivated, assertive self-starter with the ability to work autonomously or as a strong team participant
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems, develop new tactics and address implementation obstacles
- Extensive experience in developing/executing database solutions across all marketing channels (direct mail, email, statement inserts and digital media)
- Experienced with consumer financial services, ideally with exposure to credit card marketing or retail marketing, and familiar with consumer protection, privacy and related laws and policies.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 85,000.00 - 170,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Marketing
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.