Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, PayPal Analytics
This VP, PayPal Analytics will play a key role in providing analytical insights across Co-Brand, for the PayPal and eBay credit card portfolio. This role will partner with cross functional leaders and the client for each brand to provide business analytics, identify revenue opportunities and increase cardholder engagement. The individual will work closely with each team to drive portfolio growth, optimize marketing spend and deliver insights to increase campaign performance and marketing strategy.
- Identify actionable profit-based marketing and product opportunities through customer analysis and data driven insights
- Work closely across key functional business areas to deploy analytical insights and strategies around acquisition, EMOB, lifecycle, cross-sell and retention-based strategies
- Responsible for influencing strategy, segmentation, campaign execution, targeting and optimizing marketing investment
- Partner with Marketing, Credit, Finance and Sales to develop integrated solutions to drive product strategy, grow credit penetration and deliver incremental sales and net income for each brand
- Provide strategic thought leadership and influence business leaders and client teams to implement marketing and product strategies based upon customer, financial and data driven insights
- Develop business case presentations and action plans to drive marketing strategy; including targeting recommendations, test design, channel optimization, product strategy and cost/benefit analysis to review with the Synchrony team and client
- Establish test and control strategies to measure bottom-line impact of targeting strategies by leveraging APT and advanced analytical tools such as segmentation, and statistical models
- Produce campaign analytics to track results of strategies deployed. Create "test" and "learn" environment, through ongoing assessment of product and targeting strategies
- Lead and prioritize workload of US based and offshore analysts to ensure high-quality execution and delivery of marketing analytics and MIS reporting
- Act as a strategy and analytic consultant for large-scale initiatives, providing guidance and leadership for the design, analysis and measurement phases of the project
- Bachelor’s degree, OR in lieu of degree, high school diploma and 11+ years of work experience in marketing analytics in the financial services, credit card and/or payments industry
- 7+ years of progressive work experience including:
- 5+ years in marketing or customer analytics role at multi-product/multi-channel financial services organization
- Experience influencing and directing people outside of their reporting structure
- Proven hands-on experience utilizing SAS or SQL data mining skills, Financial Services/Credit card experience preferred, Multi-channel marketing analytics strategy focus including digital also strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of targeting and segmentation, retail analytic tools and advanced skills using Excel and PowerPoint strongly preferred
- Experience using external data sources for benchmarking and actionable insight
- Strong leadership, analytic and problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to innovate and find creative solutions to meeting business goals
- Proven ability to work independently, yet as key member and contributor to a broader team
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 85,000.00 - 170,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Marketing
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.