Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Taylor Design
Our growing San Francisco office is seeking a talented and creative Interior Designer to join their dynamic team. You must be able to imagine and implement new possibilities in architectural design; must be passionate about your career in interior design, excel in collaborating within a team, is self-motivated, takes ownership of tasks and responsibilities yet is committed to asking questions when necessary.
- Be a champion for Taylor Design’s core values by demonstrating humble confidence, a curious mind and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Produce design and construction documents
- Responsible in the development, presentation, coordination, cost, and specification of interior finishes and furnishings
- Active participation with researching, selecting, designing, and resolving building and materials assembly and details
- Active participation in quality control and maintaining conformance with firm wide standards for all documentation
- Work with Project Manager to ensure that work is completed as planned, budgeted, and scheduled
- Communicate with consultants, contractors, sub-consultants and other disciplines to resolve project details and technical issues
- Foster and maintain a collaborative professional working relationship within the firm
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years of working experience with corporate interiors, with a focus in healthcare, science and technology, and/or education background preferred
- NCIDQ accreditation or licensed architect; or currently working towards the completion.
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer supplier appropriateness
- Strong experience in specifying, coordinating, and detailing interiors projects, including finishes and furnishings through the design and construction phases.
- Demonstrate accuracy of technical documents and an understand of building codes
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience in Revit/BIM required
- High level of proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Suite required
- Proficiency in Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, Deltek Vision, and NewForma a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and enjoys working closely with designers, architects and project managers
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills
- A history of integrating sustainability into architectural projects, and an awareness of the importance of sustainability as a design principle
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Paid Parental Leave
- Holiday pay
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and voluntary Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Education Allowance
- Professional Development Training
If this position sounds like it may be the right move for you and your career path, please send your resume to HR@WeAreTaylor.com.
Taylor Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.