Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Tax Accountant
at Taylor Morrison
Job Description SummaryAs a Senior Tax Accountant working for Taylor Morrison you will be responsible for multiple aspects of the federal and state income tax compliance process. Additionally, the position will assist with preparation of the quarterly and annual income tax provision under the guidance of ASC 740.
We trust that as a Senior Tax Accountant you will: (responsibilities)
- Prepare supporting calculations and work papers for the federal consolidated and state income tax returns.
- Provide support in the preparation of quarterly federal and state estimated tax payments and annual extensions.
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly and annual income tax provision calculations and supporting work papers.
- Assist with internal tax forecasting and budgeting.
- Respond to tax notices and inquiries from state tax agencies as necessary.
- Assist with federal and state tax controversy and audits that may arise.
- Assist with the calculation, maintenance and tracking of FIN48 uncertain tax positions.
- Participate in research and development of tax-saving strategies.
- Perform tax research and prepare technical tax memorandums.
- Maintain internal controls around the tax process.
- Provide support for various tax related projects as necessary.
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Strong Communication Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Ethics & Integrity
- Independent Worker
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Master’s Degree in taxation a plus
- CPA Certification a plus
- 2+ years of experience in public accounting and/or a corporate tax department.
- Experience preparing partnership and corporate federal and state tax returns.
- Experience with quarterly and annual reporting for income taxes under ASC 740.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with OneSource Tax Provision software a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.