Tempe Union High School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Plant Foreman
at Tempe Union High School District
Job Reference #: 2444
Openings as of 8/5/2020
Supervisor or Coordinator
- Lead Plant Foreman JobID: 2444
- Position Type:
Supervisor or Coordinator
- Date Posted:
Maintenance and Plant Operations
- Date Available:
08/03/2020 Lead Plant Foreman
Department: Plant Operations
Reports to: Director of Plant Operations
Placement: Grade H Classified Exempt Salary Schedule
Term: See Duty Day Calendar
Position Summary: The Plant Foreman Lead assists the Director of Plant Operations and Maintenance in the leadership and coordination of Maintenance and Custodial personnel by providing direct supervision and training for employees.
• Oversees the day-to-day operations of school facilities.
• Evaluates the work performance of subordinates.
• Assist the Director of Plant Operations in training personnel.
• Insures that all national and city codes are followed.
• Performs all required tasks through the AHERA program and serves as the District’s L.E.A. representative.
• Maintains all material safety data sheets, records and insures all personnel are trained.
• Assists the director of Plant Operations in the implementation of all mandated programs such as Radon, Lean-In- Drinking-Water, Chemical Hygiene Plan, Lock-out Program, C.F.C. Title VI Clean Air Act, Indoor Air Quality and Haz- Response.
• Performs periodic inspections of all facilities.
• Assists in the hiring process of all custodial personnel.
• Assists the Director of Plant Operations in developing and implementing the custodial budget.
• Assists the Director of Plant Operations with hiring and evaluations of Plant Foremen.
• Performs monthly night inspections of school sites related to custodial areas.
• Supervises Fork Lift, Welder and Carpet Technician training.
• Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies and applicable laws.
Additional responsibilities include interviewing, recommending for hire, training employees;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining
employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Effectively plans and organizes.
• Communicates clearly and interacts effectively with personnel.
• Prepares and administers budgets connected with assigned areas of responsibility.
• Ensures that all work is completed in accordance with District policy and applicable state and federal laws.
Training and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Two years’ experience in supervision.
• Two years’ experience in one or more skilled trades i.e., electrical, plumbing, air conditioning, painting, etc.
• Formal supervision training.
• Direct experience in overseeing and coordinating mandated programs such as AHERA, MSDS, and HAZ-MAT response (strongly preferred)
• Direct experience in a school environment is highly desired.
• Valid Arizona Driver’s License
• Valid E.P.A. Management Planner/Inspector Certification.
ADA and Other Requirements:
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, crawling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, fingering, standing, walking, pushing, reaching, lifting, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
When duties and responsibilities change and develop, this job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!