The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ASST FACILITY ADMIN, PROGRAMS
at The Geo Group
Facility: GREAT PLAINS CORRECTONAL FACILITY
Compensation Base: $85,000
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for the oversight of programs by ensuring that goals and objectives are accomplished according to policy directions of the Company and within the scope defined by the contract. It is responsible for the quality of program services provided to inmates and works in conjunction with the Warden to remedy deficits and enrich programs. Assists in overall administration of the facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures all inmates in the programs receive quality services, which comply with standards set by the Company.
- May direct or co-lead inmate groups in special topic areas such as education, self-esteem, and sexuality.
- Locates, evaluates and utilizes community resources for inmates.
- Ensures proper processing of all inmates for programmatic needs.
- Directs diagnostic, treatment and aftercare planning for inmates.
- Provides supervision of treatment programs. Works closely with consulting psychologists and other professionals.
- Assesses needs of program staff and provides regularly scheduled supervision and training to address those needs.
- Works with individual and group modalities of supervision and training.
- Provides individual supervision to all programs staff.
- Provides case consultations and one-to-one counseling for difficult inmates or when serious incidents occur.
- Assists in the preparation of program proposals.
- Writes program policies and procedures for periodic updates.
- Reviews and participates in the development of the service plans as a member of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Directs all department functions, activities and supervision of personnel.
- Prepares departmental progress reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Contract Requirements: A minimum of ten years' experience in corrections or related field with five years' experience in the field of corrections at the level of mid-management.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. Experience in a correctional security and rehabilitative programs. Five (5) years’ experience managing a correctional education program preferred or at least three (3) years of experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Ability to perform well in crisis situations is critical.
- Must possess excellent oral and writing skills.
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates and staff.