The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3S6FT692VYCP3C232M
Facility: PINE PRAIRIE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Under direct supervision, performs accounting functions including cash control, funds disbursement, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll. This position requires the application of varied bookkeeping and business procedures. Work requires familiarity with company financial policies to include accounting, payroll, and other areas.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes all accounts payable, accounts receivables, checking accounts, employee payroll, and inmate payroll.
- Maintains and distributes employee payroll ensuring that employee time is accounted for per GEO Policy.
- Makes bank deposits, writes checks, and maintains regular balance controls on all checking accounts.
- Collects and counts all cash, money orders or certified checks that have been accepted for inmates, and credits the amount to the appropriate inmate account.
- Develops and submits required reports relative to all aspects of accounts payable, accounts receivable, checking accounts, employee payroll, inmate payroll, and inmate trust.
- Prepares employee travel orders, advances, and expense reimbursements.
- May oversee the receptionist/admin clerk in daily performance and evaluation of job duties.
- Ensures accurate inventory of all items in the warehouse, food service, maintenance, and any other area where supplies are stored for distribution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or closely related field preferred.
- Two (2) years in an accounting related capacity.
- General clerical aptitude. Working knowledge of business English, good grammatical and spelling skills, and ability to develop correspondence, reports, and operational directives.
- Working knowledge of office equipment such as computer terminals, fax machines, copy machines.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills. Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions; to make minor decisions in accordance
- with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems; to maintain company records; and to meet and deal effectively with the public and inmates.
- Must be able to deal with people in a variety of changing and complex situations. Must satisfactorily complete The Geo Group, Inc. pre-service training for non-custodial staff.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!