The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CASE MANAGER, POST RELEASE
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3P1W96RW7G8GRGM9NZ
Facility: CONTINUUM OF CARE
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position is responsible for developing and maintaining a network of statewide community-based service providers and referral sources to assist and support returning citizens in their successful reintegration. This position is also responsible for ensuring that returning citizens are proactively linked with resources in their communities prior to release.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains a network of community-based service providers that address the needs of returning citizens to improve successful reintegration. Providers should include state agencies, employment services, employers, housing resources, behavioral health providers and mental health providers.
- Identifies and recruits community-based service providers to ensure all returning citizens needs and geographies are addressed and met.
- Meets with returning citizens and Transition Case Managers prior to release via conference call to review Transition Plans and connects returning citizens to needed services.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with state, county, and federal program administrators who can assist to inmates while incarcerated and upon release.
- Actively engages community resources to work with returning citizens emphasizing on the critical first months of release. Works to connect community resources and pro-social people with inmates prior to release via telephone.
- Works to ensure returning citizens obtain eligible benefits and proper identification prior to release.
- Acts as primary liaison between community providers and facilities.
- Assures timely communication and follow-up with State personnel in the best interest of the returning citizens successful reintegration.
- Schedules regular post release follow-up calls with returning citizens and monitor progress.
- Gains an understanding of public domain services such as National Institute of Corrections, National Re-Entry Resource Center.
- Reviews opportunities for returning citizens transitioning into their communities through community-based services such as transition centers and community-residential centers.
- Conducts provider site visits to ensure fidelity and create a Company preferred provider list.
- Keeps current with latest re-entry research and best re-entry practices.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings, promotes communication and the proper flow of relevant information between administration, staff and inmates.
- Compiles statistical data as needed for reporting purposes.
- Communicates effectively and coherently to administration, staff, inmates, visitors, and the public, particularly in situations requiring tact, diplomacy, understanding, fairness, firmness, and good judgment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One year experience working or volunteering in a criminal justice, treatment or social service setting preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services, criminal justice or a related field of study preferred.
- Thorough understanding of evidence-based practices especially as it relates to successful reentry.
- Ability to read, analyze, comprehend and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations, legal and non-legal documents, including the processing of such documents as medical instructions, commitment orders, summons and other legal writs.
- Ability to comply with the requirements of applicable regulations, laws, rules, procedures, policies, standards or contracts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others and handle difficult interpersonal contacts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; apply management techniques to problems of administration and devise workable solutions.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!