The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Correctional Case Manager - Part-time
at The Geo Group
Facility: ARIZONA STATE PRISON - PHOENIX WEST
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Assists the inmates or detainees in adjusting to facility life and obtaining needed services or changes in assignment. Develops and implements programs within the facility to meet the individual needs of inmates or detainees, to include individual and group counseling. The position is part-time (20 hours per week) and the hourly rate of pay is $13.00.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates Cognitive Behavioral and/or Re-Entry classes for inmates.
- Interviews newly admitted inmates or detainees.
- Conducts facility orientation for newly assigned inmates or detainees explaining rules and regulations of the facility, available services and programs, and the disciplinary and classification process.
- Provides individual counseling to inmates or detainees on an informal basis regarding work and housing assignments, adjustment problems, and family problems.
- Resolves day-to-day problems with counseling. Refers inmates or detainees with serious problems to professional counseling staff.
- Provides assistance to the inmates or detainees in obtaining needed services. Serves as a representative for the inmate/detainee at classification committee meetings.
- Monitors inmate/detainee custody, housing, job and program assignments to ensure all cases are reviewed in a timely manner.
- Conducts visits to inmates or detainees assigned to caseload who are housed in special housing.
- Reviews inmate/detainee medical status to determine eligibility to work in volunteer job assignments.
- Assists Inmate Records staff with file audits & general duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Current AZ COTA Certification required (Correctional Officer Training Academy).
- Experience facilitating classes in the behavioral health area highly preferred.
- One (1) year in caseload management of offenders in a correctional setting required or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience required.