The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3W6KY6W6TM92KPXYMB
Categories: Healthcare - Behavioral/Mental Health, Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position provides comprehensive case management services to residents. Assist with the development of a comprehensive discharge plan and recovery plan to prepare reentry residents for discharge and to successfully transition back into the community.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Files, prepares charts, archive files, assist with documentation and performs data entry as assigned.
- Will participate, plan and facilitate psycho-educational groups and seminars as assigned.
- Assists with Intake.
- Participates in meetings, clinical staffing, and training, as assigned.
- Assists reentry residents to plan and implement a comprehensive discharge and relapse prevention plan to include referrals to appropriate agencies and programs.
- Assist with helping residents become job ready by developing resumes, mock interviews, enrollment in state workforce center services and with college/education related tasks.
- Discusses progress toward goals with client and therapist.
- Ensures that reentry residents complete assigned work.
- Maintains positive relationships with community and attend community meetings
- Completes required DOC reentry program with residents.
- Complies with safety rules, acts to ensure work is performed safely.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit, and cooperation.
- Learns GEO mission, as it pertains to incarcerated individuals that are in treatment for purpose of reentry and community transitions.
- Develop working knowledge of ASAM level of care, States of Change, ASI and COMPAS assessments.
- Understand Therapeutic Community modality, concepts and maintain milieu and culture.
- Complies with work rules and policies as explained in the company Employee Handbook, and the Facility Policies and Procedures Manual; and responds positively to directives from managers and supervisors in cooperative spirit.
- Adheres to attendance policy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Criminal Justice; other social services degrees considered.
- Knowledge of the fields of addictions and mental health preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage and organize time.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!