The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FOOD SERVICE WORKER
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under direct supervision, this non-security related position performs a variety of tasks associated with the preparation and serving of foods and beverages, including but not limited to preparing salads, sauces, desserts, coffee, and tea. Responsible for standard food service work including sanitation duties, and various serving responsibilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- May be required to perform any of the following food/beverage preparatory work: washing, peeling, scraping and cutting vegetables and fruits; preparing simple salads and slicing cakes and pies; making coffee, tea, and other beverages.
- May be required to dish out portions of food on trays or plates, and pours beverages.
- May be required to perform any of the following cleaning work: scraping, washing, and sorting dishes, glassware and silverware; cleaning kitchen equipment, pots and pans, counters, and tables; sweeping and mopping the floor.
- Assists management in simple inventory counts and similar information needed for the placement of food and supply orders. Receives deliveries and takes inventory.
- Responsible for the preparation of various documentation required in the food service operation including preparation and inventory pull sheets, production/service documentation, sanitation records, and meal delivery records.
- Assists management in conducting orientation and training for staff and resident workers.
- Monitors and directs detainee workers in tray preparation, cleanup, sanitation and other related duties to the operation of the food service area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Relevant technical training courses in food service preparation and cooking preferred.
- Prior cooking and correctional food service training preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year prior experience in commercial or restaurant food preparation. Experience obtained military, or institutional setting, preferred.
- Must be able to communicate to all personnel the minimum production/service requirements of the job.