The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
INTAKE/RELEASE OFFICER-12 HR
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3M50B6YYG1C41CZZMD
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Healthcare - Admin/Office/Records/Finance, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Facility: EAST HIDALGO DETENTION CENTER
Compensation Base: $14.50 Hrly
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Performs all duties necessary to ensure incoming/outgoing offenders are processed in a timely manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and monitors the activities of the intake and release areas.
- Obtains transport roster of all offenders incoming to the facility.
- Completes all daily information forms necessary in processing offenders in/out of the facility.
- Updates computer upon arrivals/departures of offenders.
- Updates count board upon arrival/departure of offenders.
- Operates photo printer for offender ID.
- Ensures all arriving offenders receive appropriate identification, including ID and wristband.
- Responsible for completion of inventory of property for incoming/outgoing offenders.
- Properly identifies each offender scheduled to be released.
- Notifies necessary departments (Medical, Inmate Trust Fund, Security) of pending incoming/outgoing offenders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field preferred. Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity preferred.
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being late.
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is assigned.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period.
- Work experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- May be required to possess valid state driver’s license.
- Must be mature, flexible, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates or detainees and staff, and possess a high tolerance to mental stress.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!