The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LIFE SKILLS WORKER I
at The Geo Group
Facility: ABRAXAS I
Compensation Base: $12.00-17.45/Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is eligible for a $1,000 sign-on bonus.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, criminal or juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
The primary function of the Life Skill Worker I is to supervise clients during the sleeping hours in a manner that ensures their safety and security. In addition, Life Skill Workers I assist in the management of the morning wake-up routine by educating, guiding and directing clients in a manner that promotes their growth and development.
- Interacts meaningfully with clients.
- Completes security calls to night supervisor.
- Maintains regular communication with co-worker(s).
- Supervises morning routine; observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Ensures client location.
- Conducts and documents random/unpredictable head counts/bed checks (minimum of once every twelve minutes) and utilizes the Guard 1 system.
- Conducts outside building security checks.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
- The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours.